My first Tube Amplifier

I have a 40 years of audio history starting with Garrard Turntable, Fisher Intergrated(SS), ADS bookself speaker on 1978.

But I started using tube amplifier on 1999.

Since then I had been using only tube amplifier in my main system.

My last SS main amplifier was Krell KSA 150 to drive Apogee Duetta Signature speakers.

http://www.jadis-electronics.com/photos/ja500/45/3/ja500.jpg

My first tube amplifier was Jadis 500 which comprised of 4 pieces weighing 120 lb each.

B&W 801 driven by Jadis 500 gave most deep and powerful bass at my home.

But it generated too much heat so it was hard to use during summer.

It was memorable experience to use it for 4 years.

I may not go back to such monster tube amplifier again.

How about you?

What is your first tube amplifier?

I bet two cents on no one had used larger one as the first tube amplifier than mine.

128x128shkong78
@facten

I also have Line Magnetic 508 which surprised me by the quality of sound.

Chinese tube amplifier can not be ignored.
My first tube amplifier was a hybrid: A New York Audio Labs Amp with a combination of tubes an mosfets. It was paired to a New York Audio labs minuet preamplifier. It sounded pretty sweet. It was, however a little noisy. I was powering bose 901’s with it at the time, using a Rega Planar 3 turntable (I forget what type of cartridge) and an NAS Cd player.

I did roll some Russian tubes into that setup, but is was so long ago that I don’t remember the details.
I eventually replaced it with a (Carver) Sunrise Integrated.
My current system is Magnepan 1.7i’s powered by a Aric Audio Transcend Tube preamp (awesome little hand made preamp) and an old Parasound HCA2200 amplifier (ss). I am enjoying this system, but am saving my nickels for a tube amplifier with enough oomph for the Magnepans.

I know this is heresy, but I have dispensed with motorized sources entirely and use a Cambridge CXN streamer primarily in conjunction with Tidal, but I sometimes listen to BBC 2.
Music Reference RM-10 bought used in 1996 and put back in service again earlier in the week.  Classic amp still in production after over 25 years. 
@ja

You are still using the tube amp you bought in 1996.

That is amazing.

It is going to be classic so you can keep it until you die.