Need recommendation for a CD player

Please recommend a CD player for me. Audio only, 2.1 system. I have a Parasound P5 pre with a Parasound 21 amp, Snell A2 speakers, a Snell 550 sub with its own amp, a Snell SPA 200 and good cables. Thanks for your thoughts
ericruff
I've had some high end players & now use a Cambridge CXC transport with a Wyred 4 Sound DAC 1 w/FemtoClock linked with Lifatec cable & it's a giant killer combo.
You could get both used for less than $1k.
No one's mentioned it yet, but if you've ever heard any of the models Modwright has modded, they will basically sound at whole different level to anything remotely close to its price.  You can get a used one for under $1000 sometimes although a freshly modded one lists at over $4000.  Dan stands behind his products just as if you bought new too.  Not many companies will do that.  His CD/SACD (most do both) players rival players in the $7000+ category.  The player just floored me after owning a good rated lower cost player, and then a Marantz 8005.  The MW Sony 5400 and MW Oppo 105 are the latest and greatest current mods, but all the others are special sounding also--Sony 999, Sony 9000, Sony 9100 Oppo 83, and Oppo 95.  I've owned both the 9000 and 9100 MW's and currently own the MW 5400 and will own it 'til one of us keels over.
Absolutely right dorkwad. I just got a full-blown MW 5400ES on Friday and the sound is ridiculous. Was using a stock 5400ES for about a month prior and was very impressed with it, but this MW player, well, now I finally know what real "palpability" is.

Two for sale on Agon right now.

Best to you dw,
Dave
I agree with Nonoise, twoleftears, ericsh and the Absolute Sound Magazine in recommending the Marantz SA 8005.

Dan Wright of Modwrigth instruments is also a huge fan. He now offers mods for the SA 8005. One of the reasons he likes the SA 8005 is that it uses discrete component parts ( not op-amps ) for better sound.
Post removed