Need Speaker Advice

I would like to get back into audio somewhat. What I need now, first, is a pair of speakers. I have an old Carver Receiver that will be driving them.

Can I please have some advice on affordable speakers, used?

Thanks,

Jason
pghlundo1171
Jason,

The Infinity IL10 monitor has very nice measured accuracy for around $350 new. I haven't given it a full audition, but it really sounded good tonally in a brief listen. You can easily find it at a Circuit City store. The Snell K.5 MK.2 measures very well if you can find it used for around $600 - $700. Others may know of some accurate models under $1000. You should look very hard to get the most measured accuracy and good design you can.

Best regards,

Mike C.
Let me try to be a little more specific. The receiver I have was given to me as a gift when I was about, I think, 19 yo. I am 36 now. All I remember, with the origional documentation gone is it was called the Carver Receiver. I don't remember any model numbers. I believe it is 100-150 watts per channel. It has what they called a magnetic field power amplifier. I used to, many years ago, use this with a pair of Bose 901's, which I no longer have.

The size of my room is about 16 x 12. I am most concerned with accuracy and imaging. I would like decent bass, but not subwoofer kind of bass, as I live in an apartment. My price range is looking to be <= 500.00.

Hope this helps.

Jason Tsangaris