Neuance or Z Slab shelf for Zoethecus rack???

I am buying a Z4R rack from Zoethecus. Is it worth the effort to go extra mile to get the Neuance shelves instead of the factory Z slab shelves??? I have heard different stories about both shelves' sonic effects. I am very confused and can't make up my mind which way to go. Thanks much for your kind inputs.
ifatchoi
I hate it when I agree with Jcbtubes but we have listened to both. I hear a consistant sound from the Zoe or a coloration. Some may like what i call the Zoe coloration. The Neuance sound is hard to describe probably because i don't hear a sound. I guess this is the highest form of praise that can be said of the Neuance. IMO, for whatever that is worth, the Neuance was a very easy choice between the two. This was a very easy decision for me to make. My Neuance sits on a Mana shelf. I have heard others get excellent results with a much less expensive approach. I can only guess since you have bought the Zoe rack that the Neuance will perform much better than the Z slab. If you find this not to be true, i will buy your Neuance board. i would think contacting Ken Lyon of Neuance can be the best way to find out if his shelves will perform on the Zoe rack. You will find him to be very helpful and will not steer you wrong. I think you will find this to be a very easy decision to make.
I agree with the description that jcbtubes gives to the Neuance gives to the sound. I haven't tried the other one.

Richard
I have never understood the popularity of the Zoethecus. The Manas killed it. And with the Badboy on top of the Mana, wow!
Never mind, I see from Tbg's history that he has a Mana Phase 5.

In the Zoeth's defense, it is readily available in the U.S., furniture quality, cheaper than a Mana Phase 5, and quite decent at vibration control using the z-slab shelves, though not the best that can be done. The Zoeth frame design does not follow the Neuance light rigid idea, so Neuance will probably work best with a different support.

I have tried the older Neuance shelves with Zoethecus, with the Neuance sitting on upturned dh cones on top of Zoethecus shelves, and much preferred the Zoethecus z-slabs alone, though this may change with the newer versions of the Neuance that don't need cones. The z-slab/cone/neuance sandwich just isn't the best application of any of the sandwich parts.

As an off-topic point, I'd like to hear a comparison of the Mana performance, with or without supplemental shelves, against Grand Prix stands. It's rare to find anyone in a position to offer this comparison.