New Rowland Criterion 2-chassis battery pre

Jeff Rowland Design has just created a page for its upcoming statement-level, twin chassis, battery powered full function preamplifier. Detail is still scant, but a little bit of info is already available, in addition to front and rear view pics. Here’s the page:
http://jeffrowland.com/Criterion.htm
And here’s the front view:
http://jeffrowland.com/Criterion-front.htm
And here’s the rear view:
http://jeffrowland.com/Criterion-back.htm

You will find a few specs already on the site. JRDG should be publishing more info in the next few weeks. I will post here as I receive it. in addition to the published specs that you can read on the page above, here are a very few additional tidbits that I have learned this far:

. Uses Burr Brown TI OPA1632 high speed fully differentially balanced modules.
. Includes phono stage.
. Uses standard NiMH D-cell batteries available in most electronics stores, loaded in 2 rear-inserted tubes of power supply chassis.
. Capable of AC/DC operation . . . will recharge batteries on independent circuit during AC operation.
. Full remote control
. Target price $18K (not sure yet)
. Availability: probably early Fall 2008.
. Will be featured at RMAF in Soundings Hifi suite Marriott 503 or 505 from Oct 10th to 12th in Denver.

And sorry folks, I have not heard this device yet. Nor I have any good third party reports on its sound. Any speculations on Sonics from my part would be just. . . pure speculations. I’ll keep everyone posted as I learn more.

Guido
guidocorona
Ah yes of course Clavil. . . I also do ONLY totally blind listening tests. . . won't do it any other way (grins!)
Brazcole, I have used TEAC Esoteric X-01 Limited with my JRDG Capri and 312 with fantastic results. G.
I talk with the Esoteric dealer here. They have the X-01D2, and they said to me that Esoteric makes devices for DCS, Pagannini or Puccini, and the Esoteric CD player is much better than DCS.
So I think it's a perfect combination for JRDG.
Brazcole, I just returned downstairs after 1 hour listening to Inna Poroscina playing Dvorak on piano (Dvorak complete piano works on Brilliant Classics). . . your post makes me smile with delight. . . My TEAC X-01 Ltd coupled with JRDG gear brings out the raw passion, Schmertz, pathos of the music. . . unadulterated by any polite editorializing. I like to feel 1 with the composer and with the performer. . . I want to be compelled to sing along works that never had lyrics, in languages that I do not even speak. The only player I like better than the X-01 Limited (or D2) is the Esoteric P03/D03/G0S stack. . . unfortunately my beloved wife, who knows I am more passionate than sensible, tells me I can't afford it! Ciao, Guido

PS. one word of warning. . . TEAC players take at least 1000 hours to break in. . . for the first few hundred hours they sound. . . terrible!
à propos remote: today I let fall the remote of my Capri on the wooden floor (some 50 cm) ... pang! it broke in two separate parts ... only 50 cm !!