New Tenor Hybrid

With 7 or 8 pairs of the new monoblocks all ready delivered, who is going to be the first to post a mini review?
husk01
Chuck, your inference that any feedback from this "dealers" customers was less than genuine did offend me. the first thing i mentioned in my comments was that "I" was skeptical.....even after hearing the differences for myself in SF. i was even given a special private opportunity at SF to a/b the hybrids and OTL's.....and i was "STILL" skeptical. so in the context of my skepticism, i think it should be clear that i don't (and never have) just jump (ed) on anything that "this dealer" recommends.

>>>>"Also, my comments were implying that every time a new amp from tenor comes out it seems to be the "flavor of the Month. This is the cause for my skepticism."<<< since Tenor has only had one product......where are you coming from here?......there is no pattern of activity with Tenor as flavor of the month. 2 to 3 years ago, the Tenor OTL's set new standards for performance.....to some listeners.....and until the Hybrids came out.....that was the only Tenor product.

you could have said that you were skeptical about the amps and left it at that......and that would have been a reasonable thing to say.

i never have any problem with someone disagreeing with my opinion......people can judge the merits of anyone's perceptions for themselves. but when you question my honesty or motivations it does definitely offend me since that gets personal.

you didn't need to add your "dealer in Portland and Seattle" comment in your answer to Husk. that was just a cheap shot. if you have a problem with that dealer.....maybe get some facts that hold water. you can't just make accusing inferences that are not justified and not bring into question your own integrity.
One last question Johnny, how many amps has Levinson (or any manufacturer for that matter) come out with that are supposed to be bigger and better than the previous ones? Mike makes a good point. "Tenor" - flavor of the month? Where and the heck did you get that one from? Food for thought.
One last question Johnny, how many amps has Levinson (or any manufacturer for that matter) come out with that are supposed to be bigger and better than the previous ones? Mike makes a good point. "Tenor" - flavor of the month? Where and the heck did you get that one from? Moreover, the 75s remain world class products AFAIC and one of the best amps I have ever heard. The hybrids also are more suitable to more speakers due to their power. Food for thought.
Frank & Mike,

Thank you for your candid responses. Frank, I found it very educational that Kharma had such limited distribution in the USA. It explains alot! As far as my inference to the dealer. I have attempted to do business with the dealer in question and it was a unique experience. I do plan on audtioning the HP 300's so I will refrain until I have heard them.

Johnny
Has anyone compared the stereo 150’s vs. the monoblock 300’s? How close is the performance between the two? I currently own the 75’s and they provide a magical combo with the Wilson x-1’s. These efficient speakers don’t require a lot of power. If the 150’s have the same “magic” as the 300’s (at lower power) they could be an ideal lower cost solution.

Levinson’s 33h vs 33’s would be similar a comparison. I heard both. The 33’s did everything slightly better than the 33h’s. However, unless you heard them side by side, for me the difference was negligible. I kept the 33h’s until the Tenor 75’s.

How good are the 150’s?

(Vinyl_mike)