Newbie to analog: Hi end rigs $2-5K on used market

I last used an analog rig 15 yrs ago. I am getting a new system with the Hovland Sapphire tube amp and the new speaker system from Fab Audio (www.fabaudio.com check the news section at the bottom of the page to see a description of my system). The preamp has yet to be finalized. My musical tastes are eclectic, but alternatve rock/pop,jazz and classical (in that order) are my preference. I welcome any and all suggestions egarding TT, tonearms and cartridges.

Thanks a lot,

Mike
mikes
Does the $20 Phono Cartridge Alignment Tool from Turntablebasics.com work for OL silver (Rega) arm?

Many thanks.
I went with a VPI Aries, JMW-10, Shelter 501... comfortably in the middle of your range & outstanding sound!
Laoyuap, I use the TT basics protractor, and I think it works fine. There are some who like to use more esoteric products and alignments, but I have gotten good results from that protractor with my arm.
I'm running a clearaudio unify arm (925) w/ a Grado Sonata (500) mounted to a clearaudio evolution table which I purchased used on Audiogon for $1K. The Unify (unipivot) hasn't gotten too much press, but I have found it to be superior to my previous OL RB 250. Cartridge matching with the unipivot is important, but I have found the Sonata to work very well, and the MM Grado makes pre-amp issues a little less complex than MC. I currently use an AES PH-1 (600 assembled, 400 kit), but I agree that the ARC unit is a superb choice. I have checked into the Teres table, and I have been very impressed by what I have read. It is also a great value. Something I would also seriously consider. All rigs will require some set-up and some patience, but that's vinyl, right?