Nora Jones new CD -- Copy Protection -- YIKES

Can you believe this?? We work for years to get the sonics right...and now we have to deal with this copy protection BS.

I've heard that since the copy protection is based in windows executable files...that you can simply copy the CD using a mac and the copy protection is gone.

Are there any computer techies out there that could confirm or refute this.

Harry
hbrandt
Spudco,

What impresses me the most about this is how quick Blue Note(EMI) stepped up to the plate and resolved the issue. Today, most companies take the "hurry up and wait" approach to customer service.

BTW - now that i've had a chance to listen to a few tracks I'm enjoying it. A definite step in the right direction after "come away with me".

Let me also appologize publicly to Blue Note.
Question. Is this 'bonus track' available to those of us who listen to this CD in a real CD player? Or just the computer listeners. I do very little computer CD listening.
FWIW and IMHO, it's not really a bonus track if the artist wrote and/or arranged the tune, recorded it and intended to release it along with the rest of the tunes on the album. Just a ploy by the marketing-heads at the labels to make the consumer think they are getting a "bonus". If a tune that's on a CD can't be played on my computer, I'm pissed off.

Off topic - When cassettes became popular, they would include bonus tracks, compared to the vinyl version. Later, you would get a bonus track(s) on a CD, as opposed to a cassette, when Sony and Philips were trying to get consumer acceptance for that new format. In turn, bonus enhanced material was included on CD's. When the maximum time that could be stored to a CD was discovered, some artists simply recorded as much as they could write. Some ECM recordings extend to 80+ minutes.
The new Norah Jones "Feels Like Home" will not play on my Mark Levinson No. 37..it tries reading it and declares it a "bad disc". The 37 still plays all my other CD's, so it's clearly working fine. Don't know what Blue Note put on this CD, but my 37 won't read it...any recourse? Do they have a non copy protected release?