Nuforce V3 mod

Has anyone heard the Nuforce V3 mod done on their Reference V2SE? Please compare. Thanks
128x128gammajo
Yea Nuforce is really going to show the cards with Ref 18 and i believe that knowing there upgrade process they most likely will have some sort of trade in program for Ref 18.
The improvements between V2 and V3 are very audible and worth every cent it cost me. Ref 18 is going to be better than V3 i would have to guess but only time will tell.
The only thing REF 18 will still be based on V3. They will make larger power supply, split the boards, and have nicer aluminum. The only thing i am wondering is if it will sound better much better for $8000. That is a large step up from Buying used V2 and upgrade to V3 for $800. You can buy new V3 for 5K. Looks to me like REF 18 should be much better amp, i hope!!
Ptm you need a signal to get the job done and in my case i did not get better than V 2 sound till the 130 hr mark. There very listenable with a large and deep stage right out of the box. Bass is good but mids and highs need burn in edgy and flat IMO. I used STS burn in cd running while at work and did listening time in the evening hours for a ears on listening for changes. Now after more than 200 hrs boy oh boy for me a highly recommended upgrade.
Mike