Obscure bands

Does anyone know a band called City Boy? (70's/80's)Very obscure and very original. It's beyond Me how such great talent goes so unnoticed! Also please chime in on other obscure talented musicians.

128x128arcam88
City Boy was a great band that shoulda. They were one of Mutt Langes 1st.
You may know him better from Def Lepperd and Shania (his ex).

The Shirts were the best live band from CBs.

Take a listen to Bloodwyn Pig, a branch of Tull.
Brinsley Schwarz, Nick Lowes 1st band.
The late Keef Hartleys many incarnations.
The Zutons, a more recent obscurity, at least here in the states.
The Detroit Cobras.

There were thousands of San Jose, California Bands/Groups never heard from outside the Valley. Here are the ones who made records receiving national distribution:

- The Syndicate of Sound ("Hey Little Girl")

- The Count V ("Psychotic Reaction", a rip-off of The Yardbirds "I’m A Man")

- The Chocolate Watchband (three albums on Tower Records, their label-mates being early Pink Floyd. Seen in the Roger Corman movie Riot On Sunset Strip. They were basically The Yardbirds with Mick Jagger as lead singer)

- Stained Glass (two albums on RCA Records)

- People (two albums on Capitol Records, the first containing their national hit, a remake of a Zombies song "I Love You")

That was the 60’s. Stained Glass bassist/singer/songwriter Jim McPherson (R.I.P.) went on to join John Cipollina in his post-Quicksilver Messenger Service band Copperhead (and John’s younger brother bassist in The News, Huey Lewis’ Band). Larry Norman, one of the two lead singers of People, became a leader in the Christian Rock field in the 70’s.

The two Bands to come out of San Jose after the 60’s were The Doobie Brothers, and Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham of local Band Fritz (full original name Fritz Reiner Memorial Band!).

Great stuff...how about The 13th Floor Elevators? Great band out of Austin from long ago- check out the album Easter is Everywhere

Black Kangaroo. Lead guitarist Peter is brother of Jefferson Airplane's Jorma Kaukonen.