Oppo Nuforce BDP-93NE

Hi, Has anyone here listened to this new unit? It looks very interesting. Was just waiting to see if any reviewers or Audiogoners have tried it yet? I'm looking at it in place of my Oppo 83se[becuase of the claimed very musical redbook playback on this modded unit[93ne.] Thanks, lloyd
bluenose
You will probably find it actually sounds better after you've played it for awhile. It will suddenly dawn on you how the sound has simply opened up and flows. To hear this replay your first few disc again and you'll hear what I'm saying. Pretty amazing isn't it? Enjoy and let us know how it's going. cheers, lloyd. PS I do agree with you on the lack of dedicated L/R stereo outputs. I suppose Oppo had to keep cost down.
3 questions:

1. Has anyone actually had the chance to compare a stock 95 vs a Nu Force 93 (I'm interested in both cd & SACD/DVD-A)?

2. Has anyone had the chance to compare the standard Nu Force 93 vs the "Extreme" Nu Force 93?

3. Does anyone know if the Oppo BDP-95 region free firmware (DVD only, doesn't make Blu R free) on ebay will also work with the Nu Force's?

I've actually emailed Nu Force 2x with no reply. There local dealer was kind enough to respond, but they are not providing him with demos of the Blu's so he hasn't heard them!

I hope the reason Nu Force hasn't replied (it's been several weeks) is spam filters & not crummy customer service!
I've read the 6 moons review several times. I'm just a little worried that the "modern sound" of the NXE compared to the soft highs of the NE might mean more careful system matching. But I did notice he never claimed the NXE as having "bright" highs. I've been told the NXE is better than the NE but I just wonder how the highs compare? I'm assuming the NXE is smooth, like the NE, but more extended. I do remember the previous 83SE as being very easy to listen to, but the NE is much more involving and musical in my system. Entirely another clear cut above the older 83SE Anyone else able to compare the NE to the NXE? Has anyone else heard the NXE and if so how do you find the top end? Cheers, lloyd