Pass Labs xa - .5 amps

Has anyone compared the new Pass XA-30.5 stereo amp to the XA-60.5 mono amps? Interested to hear your impressions. I am considering one (or two) these for use with my ML Vantage speakers. Thanks.

Bob R.
rmrobinson1957
My XA100.5 is room temp in standby mode, warm after powered on, slightly warmer after a few hours of music. The XA160 was warmer still, but never hot, the Aleph 2 was VERY HOT. There was a photo circulating on the net of the Aleph 3 with a fried egg on top of it.
Hey Tvad, do you find having to wait some 3-4 hours from standby to fully power on mode before your XA 60.5 reach their full potential. May be I'm being too picky, but the half to one hour warm up just isn't enough.
03-09-09: Spatine
Hey Tvad, do you find having to wait some 3-4 hours from standby to fully power on mode before your XA 60.5 reach their full potential.

No. I enjoy them immediately.
Hi Tvad, I have small doubt on the meter in front side.
My previous amp xa 60 needle was staybale but xa 30.5 needle always moving around, why? secondly this amp is not single ended class a? can you please clear my doubts?
I don't believe the XA-.5 series are single ended Class A. There are very few single ended Class a solid state amps. I believe the First Watt is one.

Here's a white paper about Single Ended Class A written by Nelson Pass, the designer of the First Watt.

I think if the A-30.5 needle is moving around that you might be exceeding it's power limits. Not sure, though. You should contact your dealer for further info.