Platforms: granite, marble, maple or other?

What's the best isolation material for equipment platforms (amp and speakers on a wood joist floor)?

Stone: granite, marble, concrete?
or
Wood: maple, etc.?

Thanks
akaddict
Gregm, I am using monitor speakers, so I don't have extreme lows in the first place. But, after adding the chopping boards, some of the lows diminished in my system too. But, I did get more clarity, and that is more important to me. Also, I am using a dejitter that adds 2 bit of noise/resolution, and this adds a bit of emphasis in the highs. So, I don't notice losing anything in the highs. Loss of tonality though... ?
Tonality is the wrong word -- sorry. What I meant to say is that instruments sounded less natural -- slightly "boxy" if you will... maybe related to the highs I lost? Cheers
Thanks for the tip on the John Boos items at Home Depot. Just picked up one, put it under my integrated amp (Pathos Twin Towers); I think I'm going to like this a little better than the granite stand I had.

More listening to do, but it looks liek a winner at cheap cost. Now I just wonder if maple boards made of less pieces (and less glue) would sound even BETTER ! Not worth it perhaps, but we'll see.