Polite Rules for discussing Audio related things

The polite rules for discussing audio:
Folks post three types of messages:      
Questions ,about audio function, method, what to buy..  
Answers to other folks questions..  
And blogging. I bought this, I did this, here is my experience                        
Allow others to say and describe what they experience and hear.   Allow then to offer reasons without arguing.   If it is a blog, stop telling them what to do! They don't want you arguing, just wanted to say I did this.
Offer POSITIVE responses. If you disagree with them, do so in a polite and friendly way.        
Offer alternatives without aggressive language.And above all, stop tit for tat aggression. Turn the other cheek dudes, turn the other cheek.
What do you think would help create a friendly happy place to discuss audio?
elizabeth
All good in principle, but human nature seems to override the best laid plans....
I can take fair argument if it is done thoughtfully, and in the process, contributes to the knowledge base. Nobody knows everything-- that's the reason why these fora have value--aside from answering direct questions posed by an OP--
Some of the topics are never going to result in consensus, but one can argue- in the reasoned sense of discourse- without sniping or rancor-- as in arguments that are simply squabble. 
@elizabeth and @sbank (how are things, Spence?) make some good points, and show why we need this thread.

I’ve always strongly opposed censorship. But at this point, I’m ready to switch sides. Along those lines, I would implement cutting off someone’s participation in a thread (yes, only that thread, specifically) sort of like getting thrown out of a game, after making the same point repeatedly (3X?), to the point of the discussion getting stuck. That’s obviously open to judgment, and some will feel they’ve gotten hit unfairly. But what we currently have has poisoned the environment, in my opinion. As prime example, fuse threads seem to devolve into a never-ending back and forth by the same handful of people on both sides making the same point over and over and over and over and over again, with perhaps a little extra insult thrown in over time.

Likewise, I know one member who got hit with a 30 day suspension from participation in the threads, without doing anything that seemed especially egregious or out of the ordinary. I could name several others who regularly act in a far worse manner, and should get hit with the same sentence, so what is Audiogon waiting for?

Like your perspective and approach.

The main issue I see in obtaining information needed to purchase is weeding between those who are providing personal information about actual purchase and use and the larger camp of people using the site to sell their own products or abuse the process. So, a thread is started about product A and tube enthusiasts hijack the thread to try and sell their wares -- claiming some connection with product A that might or might not exist.

SO, think that a friendlier environment would be created if, somehow, audiophiles could be distinguished from professional retailers. Hard to do, I suspect...

I wonder if allowing the OP of a thread to delete (no changing, not cutting a few words, total delete of a response, anytime, just by the OP of a thread ,and naturally Audiogon.) For anyone responding to the thread. It sure would raise some hackles, but I would love to be able to take out things that are just nonsense to a thread I started.This would raise the standard for a LOT of threads, where folks go off topic, rant, and generally create chaos.It also might start wars, where folks delete others tit for tat.. But I think it would be GREAT.I am sure it would take a big revision in the background program?