Polite Rules for discussing Audio related things

The polite rules for discussing audio:
Folks post three types of messages:      
Questions ,about audio function, method, what to buy..  
Answers to other folks questions..  
And blogging. I bought this, I did this, here is my experience                        
Allow others to say and describe what they experience and hear.   Allow then to offer reasons without arguing.   If it is a blog, stop telling them what to do! They don't want you arguing, just wanted to say I did this.
Offer POSITIVE responses. If you disagree with them, do so in a polite and friendly way.        
Offer alternatives without aggressive language.And above all, stop tit for tat aggression. Turn the other cheek dudes, turn the other cheek.
What do you think would help create a friendly happy place to discuss audio?
elizabeth

Like your perspective and approach.

The main issue I see in obtaining information needed to purchase is weeding between those who are providing personal information about actual purchase and use and the larger camp of people using the site to sell their own products or abuse the process. So, a thread is started about product A and tube enthusiasts hijack the thread to try and sell their wares -- claiming some connection with product A that might or might not exist.

SO, think that a friendlier environment would be created if, somehow, audiophiles could be distinguished from professional retailers. Hard to do, I suspect...

I wonder if allowing the OP of a thread to delete (no changing, not cutting a few words, total delete of a response, anytime, just by the OP of a thread ,and naturally Audiogon.) For anyone responding to the thread. It sure would raise some hackles, but I would love to be able to take out things that are just nonsense to a thread I started.This would raise the standard for a LOT of threads, where folks go off topic, rant, and generally create chaos.It also might start wars, where folks delete others tit for tat.. But I think it would be GREAT.I am sure it would take a big revision in the background program?
Like this possibility and see a variant possible: The OP would be allowed to flag the post as a "Suspicious" one for any reason and therefore those who are new or unaware of the kind of background treachery going on would be warned. Keep the ideas coming, E.
Yeah, put the inmates in charge of moderating the threads. Nothing can go wrong with that idea.