Power Cable DIY - Please advise

Hi,

Im planning on building a pair of DIY power cables, I have shortlisted a few cables and connectors, please feel free to recommend which one to purchase.

Furutech FP TCS31
Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000
Acrolink ???
NeoTech NEP 3200

connectors... Furutech FI 28/E38 or FI50 gold or rhodium??

Thanks in Advance
narcissus
I am an EE and have been in high end hi-fi for 40 years.  I am also the happy owner of the large QUAD ESL 2912 full range electrostatic speakers powered by dual Benchmark AHB2 amps running in mono.  I have to say the power cable thing strikes me as nuts.  What about the wire before the power cord? 100 feet of regular romex to your load center (fuse box) then up to the pole.  As long as the power can reach your equipment and supply the correct amperage what else could you ask for?  120 volts AC 60hz that is then converted to DC.  I will say the cords look cool.  The entire purpose of a power supply is to clean up the power and get is ready to be consumed by the downstream device.  Clean DC is very easy to "see" it is a flat line on an oscilloscope.  Batteries put out nice clean DC.  Many years ago we were building a "super amp."  Rather than bother designing the power supply we used 4 car batteries, 48VDC.  Great power supplies are totally sonically neutral.  Anyway just adding my two cents worth!  
Post removed 
This place is also a good source for cable: http://www.vt4c.com/shop/program/main.php?cat_id=1034&group_id=3&hit_cat=

They have a variety of different OFC cables. I ended up buying GY-PW9000, which has rectangular cross section neutral and hot conductors that are approx 9 gauge. I disassembled the six feet I bought and made two helix power cables, using the 9 awg conductors as my hot conductor in each cord and then 2 runs of 10awg silver plated copper as my neutral and one run of 10awg thhn copper cable as my ground. So, since I dissected the GY-PW9000, I can say it is very well made. I would imagine all of their bulk cable is of high quality and very low price based on my order. Worth checking out..

The cords I made sound phenomenal, but I'm comparing them to my diy VH audio flavor 1 power cords made with 10 awg silver plated copper, not any of the cables mentioned here. Still, thought I'd mention this supplier as a good option on the cheap.
Hi Narcissus,
Don't listen to voices claiming power cords don't maka difference - they do! Mor so, if your system is very open with high resolution. 
I had very good results with silver in cotton for interconnects and speaker cables and applied the same logic/recipe to power cords with same positive performance. With interconnects and speaker cable I experimented with different gauges and found one single conductor always sounded better than multiple ones and that bigger is better. If you look closer to Nordost, Kimber etc you will see they increase total gauge with their better cables as well.
If you don't need to move your power cords around frequently try 10 gauge solid silver for L and N and 8 gauge copper for ground. Put each wire in a thick cotton rope and protect each with heat shrink. Twist all three slightly together and surround with Techflex. I used Wattgate 350i Ag plugs. They are silver coated and cryo treated. This cable does not look or feel sexy but it will transform an excellent system to world class level. Start with CD or transport. It will make your digital front end sound more liquid, relaxed and analog like. Bass will benefit as well. Let me know if you need more info.
Good luck & enjoy!
Decibell
In all fairness, battery power sources do indeed address many of the issues with the dirty power coming in via the AC line. They have been tried with great success on a number of noise-sensitive, non-current-hungry components. Problem is that the application is limited to only a few non-DIY components available for sale, and they introduce problems of their own with delivering consistent peak current to the components that they feed (they run down). ole school’s solar-powered solution would be even better still...

For the remainder of the 99%+ of audio enthusiast that choose to purchase conventional AC-powered components, power cords that effectively clean up the dirty AC from the wall prior to entering their components and deliver non-limited, time responsive current is of paramount importance to good sound.

Dave