Power Cords Snake Oil ??

Having been a long time audiophile living with countless high end compnents I have to wonder about the theory and practicality of high end power cords.

I have yet to hear the difference a power cord makes. Ive owned, synergistic, Shunyata, BMI and cardas. I in no way can detect any sonic signature or change. Give me a pair of interconnects and I imeadiately notice a difference somewhere in the sonic spectrum. Not the PC though. I have accomplished 4 blind tests with my friends. 3 out of the 4 they did not know their cord was replaced. All 4 were using a stock factory supplied cord. Each of the 4 tests were done on different components. Amp, CDP, Preamp & dac.

My electrical backround tells me that provided you supply the component with its required voltage bet 110vac or 220/240vac its happy. Now, change the incoming frequency from 60hz to say 53hz and watch how quickly your soundstage collapses.! This is often the case during the summer months when home air conditioners are in use and the utility company power output is taxed to the max. A really good power conditioner should however take care of the frequency fluctuations. But 110vac is still 110vac regardless of the conductor it passes through as long as its remains 110vac when it reaches the intended circuit. Does your 8k amp or preamp know the difference of the path the voltage took to reach it ? Many an audiophile will use a dedicated 20amp circut for their equipment.That is a good idea as voltage & frequency fluctuations will occur in the home circuit to to other loads on the main breaker panel but again, A power cord simply is the means of transporting the voltage from the wall to the component. IF there is a clean 110vac @ 60hz at the wall socket, no matter what the medium is to go from the socket to the component, it will still be 110vac @60hz.

Could somebody expand on this a bit more. I just dont understand it. ??
128x128jetmek
Has anyone found Geoff Kait’s imaginary forum? Is it any more or less real than the results he gets from tweaks or audiophile power cables?

https://www.stereophile.com/content/geoff-kaits-forum

Don’t ask me....there is an answer out there somewhere on the Internets tho....I am not a shrink, but I think that we need one here and ’stat’!

And before anyone neglects to follow the thread to the end, please note this comment from earlier this year:

Geoff is a troll in case you haven’t figured that out. I have to admit I must be pretty dense as it took me longer than 24 minutes to do so myself.

Seems that I’m not alone in my experience/opinion. Maybe no shrink needed afterall (except in Goeff’s case)?

"machina dynamica"? is that the name of your tweaks & freaks company? 
What's the matter Geoff? LOL you seem to have become way more quiet than usual.....everything OK? 
HAHAHAHAHA http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/machinadynamica2/ib.html

I should have known. I'm sorry for picking on you. Now that I know you're 'special' I will lay off. 

But the OP was correct. There is no difference between power cables. 
I had much the same experience until I tried PS Audio cords. And I doubt they are the only ones who understand electricity. Then it was as clear as a bird chirping in my ear, you know, just a lot cleaner and clearer than hearing them chirping out in my yard through my screen windows. Understand that analogy?

But, tell me - do you use walmart speaker wire? Or do you prefer Radio Shack cables? Too bad Radio Shack went tits up!

You know, a whole lot of people just live Firds and they just don’t see any difference when they drive a MBZ. My wife is like that with cars but she can pick out a PS Audio cord very easily.

Art? Or is it cartoon pics? Hamburgers and fries taste as goid as fine french cuisine, right? Did uou know that 60% of the populace can’t taste any dufference? Why? Very few taste buds, Bud. Niw, I don’t know about ear buds, Buddy, but maybe you have ear plugs?

it doesn’t really matter what you appreciate. Just enjoy yourself and forget all about what you might be missing. That way I can enjoy the music and not have to hear the jabbering in the background.
“Could somebody expand on this a bit more. I just dont understand it. ??”

Oh Christ, you answered your own question in your last sentence in your postal.

? You don’t understand it ? Too bad!