Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
The Suprateks sound good when they are brand new but do in-fact get better over the first month or so. Also, the stock Zenith 6SN7 tubes Mick uses in the pre are not all that fantastic. NOS tubes make a significant improvement.
My Chardonay came with Sovtek 6N8P, with Chinese letterings on the glass so I'm assuming it's Chinese made. I have not listened to them as I followed the advice of Bwhite and others on the Ken-Rad VT-231.I am currently waiting for a pair Tung-Sol VT-231 round plates and Raytheon VT-231 which I will be comparing with the Ken-Rads. This should be fun in the next couple of weeks.
On a side note, one of the Supratek owners on AA mentioned the the stock Chinese Sovteks 6N8P were actually not bad at all,If I remember it correctly he mentined that it may even be slightly better than the Raytheon VT-231s.
Not yet Ozzy.

I will report when I do. Should be this week from what Mick indicated.

Aloha,

Warren
Aloha All,

Just received an email from Mick stating my pre has been shipped.

I checked the FedEx tracking # and it is still currently in Western Australia.

Will keep you posted.

Aloha,

Warren