Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Mlkiz, you will be shocked & amazed when you compare the CJ to the Syrah - it's not a subtle improvement. Within the Supratek range, the Syrah is the best value and has MUCH of the signature of the Cortese. To my ears, the major difference between the Cortese and Syrah is simply a bit of refinement which after some consideration, to me was worth the extra $$. Tonality and character remains very similar between the two. By refinement, I mean the Cortese is just a bit more precise, solid and quieter than the Syrah.

As for options - the remote works well and so does the "new" version of Mick's home theater by-pass. This option allows you to seamlessly integrate your multichannel HT processor/receiver with your main 2 channel amp.
Ecclec: yes, I hear you, but now, here, do you see? I'm not much of an appeaser. Besides, I know who Krhys "is", so I knew it wouldn't go far; anonymity is the hobgobblin of small minds. I called him out and the rest did the rest. But I know what you are saying and thank you for reminding me (6ch hits me with a stick!). BTW, you have very good ears.

Khrys, thank you for your, er, conciseness in the face of such..I would have picked Borderline Narcissistic Disorder, however, so you might want to pick another subject...

Carry on.
ASA... I found khrys comments hilarious,especially the one to Bwhite... khrys claims?? he is independently wealthy from internet hyped factory direct products...Hyped internet products/mail order/ infomercial marketing tactics ...He thinks that is at work here!!! Well, my guess khrys was recently dumped , is alone during Christmas and is generally mad at the world...Anyway ,i am sure looking forward to my recent order of a syrah pre...
Hi gang,

I have followed this thread from the beginning and now I am the proud owner of a used Chardonney. The Supratek replaced a BAT 30SE and the Supratek is at another level.I have also compared in my system a ARC LS 25Mkll which retails over $5000.00 and to my ears the Supratek blows it away. This is by far a great purchase at a great price. Before I even hooked it up to my system I could tell by the built quailty that the Supratek was going to be something special. I am tickled with my purchase. Everything that has been said about Supratek is true. Quite possibly the preamp deal of the century!
Congratulations Bob. Amazing huh.The best of it all is: Like a fine wine or all fine tube equipment for that matter, it can only get better with age, as the transformers,caps, resistors,wire etc, need a steady dose of frequency modulation [read music] to settle in!Really comes into its own at about 6 months. Enjoy