Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
ASA... I found khrys comments hilarious,especially the one to Bwhite... khrys claims?? he is independently wealthy from internet hyped factory direct products...Hyped internet products/mail order/ infomercial marketing tactics ...He thinks that is at work here!!! Well, my guess khrys was recently dumped , is alone during Christmas and is generally mad at the world...Anyway ,i am sure looking forward to my recent order of a syrah pre...
Hi gang,

I have followed this thread from the beginning and now I am the proud owner of a used Chardonney. The Supratek replaced a BAT 30SE and the Supratek is at another level.I have also compared in my system a ARC LS 25Mkll which retails over $5000.00 and to my ears the Supratek blows it away. This is by far a great purchase at a great price. Before I even hooked it up to my system I could tell by the built quailty that the Supratek was going to be something special. I am tickled with my purchase. Everything that has been said about Supratek is true. Quite possibly the preamp deal of the century!
Congratulations Bob. Amazing huh.The best of it all is: Like a fine wine or all fine tube equipment for that matter, it can only get better with age, as the transformers,caps, resistors,wire etc, need a steady dose of frequency modulation [read music] to settle in!Really comes into its own at about 6 months. Enjoy
My most sincere apologies are extended to any posters on this thread that I have offended. I certainly did not wish to disparage any satisfied owners of Supratek products but rather play "Devil's Advocate" for those not so lucky. The defensiveness I have inadvertantly elicited speaks volumes about the insecurity of those so supposedly satisfied with their purchase, wouldn't you say Asa? When the whole High - End becomes "internet-word-of mouth", "factory-direct", journalistcally unreviewed, "take-it-or-leave-it", unadvertised, non CES presented typography, why bother to listen? Unless of course you've already bought it.
Khrys, maybe some were offended maybe not. My guess is that many felt that your comments were a bit brisque in light of the fact you haven't listened to the product. I would only smile NOW at someone that would question the concensus of such a diverse group many with years of experience in this hobby. I was apprehensive myself but at the price and the raves felt it was well worth the risk. This product transcends word of mouth, it delivers on the hype. It is the only product I have purchased in my audio life that I would feel very comfortable recommending on a price/performance quotient. The value is just unbelievable and can't be fully realized by anyone reading this thread until experienced. I am not going to say it is the best product out there or that another product will not work better in a given system but I would ask, at what price? It is well worth taking a gamble on since the demand is higher than supply and some don't want to wait the 4-5 months it takes for delivery. You really can't lose on this one.