Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Just purchased a used Syrah and so love it. Mine is a little different in that in has a three tube power supply just like the Cortese. My question is about a power cord and which tubes, line stage, are most influential on the sound. I would like to tube roll for a little more bass impact. I was using my Opus 21 CD player directly into my Parasound Halo JC1's monoblocks. Sound is also so very good. I then put the Syrah in and found more detail and emotion in the music. Beautiful is the word for the sound of this preamp. I did however lose a bit of bass impact and weight.Not sure if a cord or tube roll will help me get that back. I prefer every other area of sound with the Supratek pre in the system. Just lost a little bit of dynamics and bass weight on my Khorus X11 speakers which go down to 17hz.
Grannyring, what tubes (names & model numbers) do you have in the Syrah now? It is possible to get more bass impact, weight and body by tube rolling in the Syrah. I just need to know your tube compliment to get an idea where you're starting from.
In the power supply,
2 - 5881/16L6WGL Sovtek
1 - 5Z4GT Phillips

Main unit,
2 - 6C45N-L - No brand name I could fine but the tube # was in a design that looked like a tube.

2 - 6L45N - E - Same company as above

Hope this helps. Pretty sure they are all stock tubes and the unit has not been retubrd from the factory. Built in August of 2001.

Thanks,would a AC cord help - you use a Moray cable I have never heard of.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill
Cottection, the main unit has all 4 smaller front tubes the same,

6C45N-E,

I incorrectly thought two were (-L) however they were (-E) rubbed out a little.

Thanks,

Bill