Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
hey Clipsal. The WE 350b's, though very expensive...are a terrific investment and will only appreciate in value. I concurr with your assessment regarding the bloomy bottom octave when paired with the Kenrads. You must be running full range speakers.You will find the tungsol rounds a little leaner on the bottom end with the 350b's. Very system dependent over-all, especially for those using full range speakers that have extension into the bottom octave. For those with stand mounted monitors or speakers with a leaner bass weight...The Kenrads would only be a big plus.I recently visited a friend with my syrah in tow. He is running a pair of stand mounted proac response 2's and an el-34 based amp.I am was using the early sylvania metal base 6sn7 with the 350b's in my Syrah. Substituting the Ken's in place of the sylvania's really made his system sing in a big way.It added more weight or a foundation to the overall presentation and worked magically with the proacs. I was "mesmerized" with this set up...captured both of us for many hours into the evening. Those proacs really make beautiful music!
Well, after reading this thread many times, I finally bought a Syrah. It will be here on Tuesday. I got the one listed here with the copper top & covers (Thanks Vade!). I can't wait to get it started in my system. Being way biased toward vinyl, I can't wait to hear it played without a step up tranny. One less signal path!

So, I guess I just wanted to let all of the other owners out there know to get ready for more dumb questions! Don't worry, I've read the thread enought to keep away from things already covered. But, I'm shure I'll figure out something no one has come across, and need a little help.

I'll let you know how it matches with the rest of my system.

Joe's Teres

Thanks
Hello Amandarae,Not yet...I will let you know right away when Mick contacts me... Keep Smiling!!!