Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Anyone measure AC polarity as reversed on their Supratek ?

I have 8 month old Chardonnay and today did polarity check as having ground hum issue.

1. did polarity check on FIM wall outlet. It is correctly wired.
2. disconnected every cable from every audio item
3. used cheater plug
4. measured chassis voltage ( AC ) with cheater plugged in both ways
5. Chardonnay had noticeable difference in chassis "leakage" between cheater plug being plugged in correctly and reversed. The "reversed" position was signficanly lower. per Bound for Sound article, use lower voltage as best way to plug in equipment

Pioneer 45A DVD/SACD player had noticeable voltage difference but only 50% of Supratek. And Pioneer polarity was ok.

Dodd 50W power amp was next to impossible to determine as voltage readings ( less than 1 V ) were essentially the same.
Larry,

Sounds good. The sellar has included a bunch of tubes with the Syrah. He told me his preferences out of what he has. I've read the thread and there seems to be a consensus on which tubes sound "best".

Any help would be most apreciated!

Joe
Hello Jpms. I have both NU 350b's and Western Electric 350b's and cannot hear any differnce between them when used for regulator duty in the supratek. As many of you well know,the 350b was never really designed for regulation duty as it was traditionally used as an output tube, and when used as an output tube in an amplifier,it is without any doubt...the king of the 6L6 family of tubes. That said: I cannot hear any difference when used as an output tube either. Like most Western Electric vacuum tubes,the name itself will command premium money.If one can find the NU labeled 350b's at a decent price........grab em while you can! Hey gang..... It is like good real estate, *they ain't making anymore* Cheers
I have a Chenin on the way, and would like to know what the thoughts are on interconnects and speaker cables. The amp would be a ss Bel Canto, and the speakers are Meadowlarks. I would pose the question under the cables section, but this is where the knowledge is when it comes to Suprateks.

Regards Tim