Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I have a Chenin on the way, and would like to know what the thoughts are on interconnects and speaker cables. The amp would be a ss Bel Canto, and the speakers are Meadowlarks. I would pose the question under the cables section, but this is where the knowledge is when it comes to Suprateks.

Regards Tim
Saint2 - You don't mention your musical tastes and what you want from your system.
Hi Jazzdude
I tend to listen to basic rock like Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac etc.. I also listen to stuff like Linkin Park, and some Rap if the base interests me. Recently I have started to listen to Blues, and I like it as well. As far as what do I want from my system. That is a tough question since I have never had a system before. I quess I don't really know. I think whatever I get I will like because I won't know the difference. I know I don't like things to bright, and I think Bel Canto amplification and Meadowlark speakers have taken care of that concern. There are times thou when I need to here some base to get me going. I here words like base slam, imaging, soundstage, transparency etc.. Do cables really make that much difference when it comes to the sound? With my novice ears I wonder if I could here the difference between Cardas, Nordost, Kimber etc. I have sent an e-mail to Meadowlark for recomendations, and I will keep reading in the arceives. Jazzdude your question does have me thinking. I may not have the answer until after I have my cables hooked into my system, and have been listening for awhile. Of course if the sound is to harsh for my tastes, then could it be the cables, or something else in the system causing the problem. WOW this hobby is interesting!

Regards Tim
You should audition several pairs of cables in your system from www.fatwyre.com, buy the ones you like best. I would try something from Cardas, Kimber, Acoustic Zen, and MIT within your price range. Decide on your interconnects first. Then choose your speaker cables. If you find cables don't make a difference to you, count yourself lucky. In that case, NOS tubes probably won't matter to you either. Think of all the money you are going to save with lamp cord cabling and sovtek tubes.