Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I've got the Teres too. You can't go wrong with this combo.

Amandarae, that Tung-Sol 6c4, will it work fot the 6c45pi?
Hi Joe,

I am not sure about the 6c45pi tube. Maybe, Ecclectique is the right person to ask.

According to my book, the variants for the 6c4 tubes are:

6c4w, 6c4wa, 6100, 6135(for parallel filament cicuits),EC90, L77, M8080, QA2401, and QL77. No mention of the 6c45pi tubes.

BTW, I know your Teres. IMHO, you did a very fine job.

cheers...
I emailed someone who is considerably more tube savvy than I, and he said; "6C45P is unique. There is no replacement whatsoever." So, it looks like i bought the 5842's for nothing. They DID NOT WORK in the Syrah.

I also emailed Mick, "who ought to know" and he said the same thing.

No big deal, because they do sound excellent. Just wish I had some options!
Hi Joe. To the best of my knowledge....The 6c45 is a russian military tube with no direct sub. I have a very limited background with russian equivalents. Sorry.
Ecclectique,

Will the 6V6 tubes be a direct replacement of the 6L6 tubes? Can I use it on as a regulator for the Supratek?

thanks