Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hello Amandarae. Firstly, Congratulations on your supratek acquisition...you will be rewarded in due time! I am certainly no prophet sir,however... I have a sneaky suspician I may be able to somewhat guesstimate the outcome of your next 100 hours of seat time in that wonderfully [so called] humble rig of yours. Sir: Your past and present equipment choices speak volumes. Yes,that mullard/amperex gz34 is a great rectifier and the logical place to start your journey. Rectifiers can make or break any good amplifier especially in a system of such high resolution. The speed and transparency of an Electrostatic speaker is ruthlessly revealing and leaves nowhere to hide. I am a firm believer in getting the tonal balance correct first and foremost in any given room, one will find the rest of the presentation much easier to optimize to ones preferred flavour.Infact.. you may be fine tuning your speaker placement in due time once the supratek has found its voice as the stage of the preamp is almost holographic in comparison to your known references. Regarding the 6L6's and blue gas. Do not be concerned, as many output tubes will exhibit that characteristic,just be sure they test above 90% on a tester. If you have logged in around 40 hours... the rectifier swap should be somewhat noticeable now as the bass resolution of the supratek is world class by anybody's standards.Be prepared, as the astonishing clarity and focus of the supratek is really going to come into its own in the next 50 to 60 hours or so.You will find yourself spinning all those treasured old lp's into the wee hours of the morning only to discover that you never knew they were recorded so well. Enjoy! Stay tuned and check back in. Cheers David
Thanks David! I truly appreciate your effort in entertaining my inquiries and giving your own descriptions of your experienced (regarding the preamp) as a Supratek owner.

I will report back!
Abe,

You know you should be selling those 5881's here on the 'Gon. You could have made another Syrah owner very happy! And I can use them in the Audio Note too. Maybe I'll get lucky and win....

Joe
Joe,

Damn, If I only knew that you are looking for some. Is there a way to stop an auction at e-bay early?

ABe