Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
The results are in. The NEW Moray James power cord is as good as the old one! Moray sent me four prototype power cords to test out on the Supratek (A,B,C and D). - from the four, I finally sellected one which was the best cord yet for the Supratek. Its not a cord which will change the tonal balance of your system. Instead it will give a life and character to your system which once you've heard what it does, is impossible to live without.

I am happy to answer any questions you have so feel free to email me if you like... but Moray James is the guy who builds them and sells them - not me.

If you are interested, please email Moray at morayj1@juno.com Just let him know its for a Supratek.

I think he may have it in him to offer an introductory price (not sure) as well as a 30 return policy.
Bwhite, Jazzdude, Eccletique, Asa, Tubegroover,
Do any of you have a handle on the possible replacement for the pair of 6C45 for the phono section side for the Cortese?
My cortese has the 6sn7's in the back, followed by the 6922's moving towards the front and the pair of Russian made ElectroHarmonix 6C45n-E's sitting in the front.

I have not been able to find what the equivalent American tubes might be. Any ideas ?

Brian - I just emailed James about getting a power cord for my Cortese - thanks for the info and work on this one - I will let you know how it does in my system.

Hi Cello - you're welcome. Regarding your Cortese - I wonder what vintage your Cortese is. You may have to contact Mick for info on those tubes. My Cortese uses the 6688 tube up front followed by the 6922.

Honestly? I haven't experienced too much improvement out of changing the phono tubes. Right now I use Telefunken CCa as the 6922 and Mullard E180F in the 6688 position. I'd say its a little better than stock in terms of clarity but the gains are not as significant as when changing other tubes in this preamp.
Cello - There is no sub for the 6C45. I think Sovtek and Electroharmonix are the brandname resellers. I don't know who actually manufactures the 6C45 but there could be more than one, since Sovtek and Electroharmonix sell tubes from several manufacturers. By all accounts the 6C45 is a very special tube. BAT and Joule use it, in addition to SupraTek.
Bwhite,
My Cortese was produced around February of 2003 and I bought it from the original owner in September of 2003. I have been told that the Siemens CCa's are excellent and I am going to get a pair of those to try along with a pair of Cryoed Telefunken ULN 6922's - Thanks again

Jazzdude,
Do you or does anyone else know where to pick up the 6C45's? I am having trouble locating some.
Thanks for all of the advice, Larry