Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi Jazzdude. I too have a ton of nos 6sn7's and was seriously considering converting my new cortese to accommodate the 6sn7 mainly because I wanted to compare it to my Syrah. Now... I am not so sure. Before I do so,I am going to try a bunch of nos 6j5's and equivalents. I am very impressed with the old 6j5 shoulder shaped glass bottles in the cortese. Unlike the 6sn7,there are many substitutes and electrical equivalents of the 6j5 that can be used to voice the cortese and they are certainly a hell of a lot cheaper to acquire than any of the better sounding 6sn7's.
I recently purchased a used Cortese and I would like to try some other tubes and I would appreciated some recommendations. In the main unit I have 6SN7GTB TUNG-SOL and Tung Sol electric pearl 12B4A ,then moving toward the front Philips 6922,then move to the front are 6C45N 8711 and I can't read a name on the tubes. In the power supply I have SOVTEK 5881/6L6WCG and in between that I have a Mullard GZ33 .What tubes can I replace and what should I purchase ?
Which tubes are for the phono stage ?
I have Wavelength 300b amps with WE300b's or KR300b's and Cain&Cain Single Horn Bens Speakers.
In a few months I will purchase a Bix Turntable and I could also use suggestions for a cartridge that will match the Cortese .
Thank You
Bill
Try Brasso, it's readily available. Or, the absolute best polish for metal or any finish for that matter is made by Rolite. The type AP-300 Aircraft Aluminum Polish is unbelievable! The trouble is it is very hard to find, and hideously expensive. The bright side (no pun) is that one container will last you a lifetime, at least until you figure out that it works on cars, boats, motorcycles, etc....

I use it on all of the above, plus any metal that I want to shine. They make a polish & sealant that nees to be used after it on paint, plexi, or acrylic, and you have to use this to seal the finish! Very important, but only for paint & plastics. The metal finishes in the house should never need it.

Now, not affiliated, just like it.
Brasso is a bit strong and might smear the chrome finish with prolonged use??

I use Goddards long term silver polishing cloth, gentle enough for expensive jewelery so it should be gentle enough for my black and chrome Cabernet preamp, which incidently, looks like 'audio jewelery' to me !

Regards,

Steve M.