Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Slowhand,
The EL37's I have are Philips Miniwatt (made in Gt. Brittan) and are 1957 NOS. They measure just under 4.5" tall from the base (not the bottom of the pins) to the top of the tube.
I was told that the Philips was the best of the EL37's and it is miles better than the stock tubes that came with my Cortese.
The WE 350b is quite a bit superior to the EL37's and I am glad I invested in them. As regulator's they should last almost indefinitely so the real cost is quite minimal. I may try to find a pair of 6l6g's just on David's (Ecclectique's) recommendation and to learn a bit more.
I would suggest you keep your eyes out for a pair of 350b's assuming that it fits into your budget. You can always get your money back out of them down the road.
What part of the country are you in ?
Cello,

I live in Loveland, Ohio which is a suburb of Cincinnati. Where do you live?
Have any of you guys had a mono switch installed by Mick on your preamps. If so, did it improve the sound on mono LP's? I used to have an Audible Illusions preamp before my Supratek, which had a mono switch. It did improve the sound of mono LP's that I have. They just do not sound as good without it.
Hi Guys, can CV345 (aka WE350A) made by STC in England be a substitute for WE350B? I have found these CV345's in my local hi-fi shop and the dealer claims these are as good as WE350B. Thanks.