Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Have any of you guys had a mono switch installed by Mick on your preamps. If so, did it improve the sound on mono LP's? I used to have an Audible Illusions preamp before my Supratek, which had a mono switch. It did improve the sound of mono LP's that I have. They just do not sound as good without it.
Hi Guys, can CV345 (aka WE350A) made by STC in England be a substitute for WE350B? I have found these CV345's in my local hi-fi shop and the dealer claims these are as good as WE350B. Thanks.
Hello Ongkaku. Not a chance! The CV345 is "not" a direct substitute for a We 350b.... not even remotely close . It's American equivalent would be a 12E1. Maximum DC voltage for the screens is 300VDC. The cv 345 is basically an octal based 807. There are thousands of Genelex CV 345/12e1's floating around and come up on ebay regularly and would typically sell for less than $10.00 each "and" they rarely get a bid.
Hi Slowhand. Yes, I have a mono switch on both my Syrah and Cortese as I too have many vinyl mono recordings.