Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I've had my Supratek for all of about 6 hours now, and I can say that pictures DO NOT do this thing justice! Audio jewlery is an understatement. Beautiful fit and finish. I am not going to even consider tube rolling for a couple of hundred hours until I get a handle on this thing. It is so far superior AND different than the ARC SP 9 mkII it replaced. Initial impressions are of far more weight to the music, wider swings in dynamics, massive soundstage and that seductive sound that no hybrid or solid state preamp can accomplish. This thing is truely a giant killer. Thanks guys for turning me on to this. A big thank you to Mick Maloney for giving the world this beautiful looking and sounding product.
Congrats Slipnot,
I am delighted that you got your Supratek before the long weekend.
Try not to pay some attention to your family on Thanksgiving.
Have a blast. It will get so much better in a couple hundred hours......and just wait till you roll some NOS in there. You are in for quite a nice ride.
Enjoy.
Genelex KT-66 (smoke glass) for power regulation -> Are they really good? BTW, Happy Thanks Giving to all Supratek Owners!

Cheers,
Kenji
Hey Kenji. Yes sir, one of the best. Even better if you already have a pair to put in the preamp. Otherwise, I would suggest searching for a pair of the bottle shaped 6f6g's at approximately 25% of the genelex as they are every bit as good if not better. Enjoy your thanksgiving down there gang.
l received my Cabernet last week with the PX4's revsion and am blown away by it. Like Slipknot l upgraded from an ARC SP9 Mkll and cannot believe how much difference this pre has made to my system. Music has never been so natural, involving and relaxing. It looks dead sexy to. Believe the hype!

Its so good its got me wondering what Mick's power amps are like, anybody here heard or own one?

Cheers