Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
If you don't have a tape loop, Mick usually installs a HT bypass. The HT bypass switch should be in the off position. It is the switch in the back between the two chrome "towers", off is with the switch toward the front of the unit.
Sorry... problem fixed. Unplugged everything and tried again. The Mute toggle switch in the picture confused me! Back to enjoying my new found love!
Hi Ethifi.The toggle switch on the top is probably set in tape out mode. Try engaging it to the other setting . Fiddler... I have not worked with any of the Cardas caps as of yet. Was contemplating doing the coupling caps in my Vac monos with them. If you do try this mod,please inform us as I would be most interested. The only Teflon caps I have worked with are the nos russian caps [as bypass caps]... they are suberb and very transparent.
Ecclectique, I am not familiar with the Cardas caps, but the Chris VH - V Caps that I mentioned have gotten rave reviews. Those are the Teflons I was referring to in my post.

At Mick's direction, I did replace two caps in my Chardonnay with Auricaps and I noticed a modest improvement.

When I try the V-Caps, I will post my impressions.
I was wondering if anyone has tried the cryo'd SED tubes from tube depot. Specifically the 6l6gc in the regulator position. For some strange reason I just found that site tonight.

Larry,

And any others who have the 6c45pi phono tube. He has Sovtek 6c45pi's. 19.95 each.