Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Ongkaku : Thanks for your kind answer. But I was wondering if there were a mute fuction on the PREAMP which really kills the preamp outputs when turning it on (allowing the amp to be "on" all the time). Indeed, even with the AMP muted I wouldn't turn on the preamp with the the amp turned on : you proect the speakers but not the amp itself.
Thanks and regards.
Aurel.
Slowhand : Decorative ??? Thanks for your message. I don't like very much the idea of such big "towers" just empty and unuseful !!! Anyway the point is : you also confirm that the Cabernet is transformer coupled ? Best regards.
My preamp is about 2 and a half years old and the chrome towers in the back are shiny on both the top and all the way around the sides. I believe that some of the early pres housed something (not sure if it was the transformers) in them. Aurel, to answer your question, yes my Syrah does have a mute switch which mutes the preamp. I can turn my amp off first or my preamp off first and I get no sound through the speakers. I can't speak for Mick, but he may have left the towers on because it set the Suprateks apart from the looks of other preamps. You would have to ask Mick to find out for sure.
Mine is an early version, and is jarrah & copper. I'm guessing there is something inside my towers, as there is some discoloration. But, it doesn't bother me at all.
What are the differences between the Chardonay and the Sauvigon other than price? Is the up-grade noticeble? I just ordered a Sauvignon. How long have orders been taking recently. Thanks.