Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I forgot to thank Jazzdude, he was the first one to let me know about the HAL-O damping instruments and the first one to talk about it here (i think).
Thank you, Jazzdude.
Brian,
I would be interested to know what Nick would do and what it would cost. I have a Cortese (about 2 years old).
Have you figured out whether you are moving ?
Thanks,
Larry
Hi Larry, Looks like I am moving at the end of February. I'll be in temporary / corporate housing until June. Then I will start looking for a house.
Supratek modifications - update on this idea. Since I posed the question to the group, I've received numerous replies & have also considered the concept further.

I am not certain if it such a great idea & here is why:

Supratek's come with a life-time warranty which would most likely become void should there be any modifications performed. Prior to doing anything to a Supratek, you should contact Mick to get his thoughts on what you plan to do.

In my conversation with the audio engineer, he stated there are many reasons why Mick did what he did in order to accomplish what he has. He suggested that he would not be able to "give us back" the results he would want to give because there would be too much design work required to improve on what Mick has already accomplished. He suggested the best upgrade or modification "circuit wise" would be (if you love the preamp) to upgrade to a higher level model.
ill be sending a deposit for my Chardonney in 2 weeks!!!thanks to this really long thread im making this purchase with no hesitation at all,,thanks guys