Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
thanks Larry,i think im mentally prepared for the wait,,,the guys at work think im nuts,,ive got 2 pictures hanging in my locker at work,,my power amp and a Chardonney,,,ill most likely spend my time researching NOS tubes and the best places to purchase them,,
The wait is the worst of it. That email from Mick saying that it is ready to go out the door is like Christmas morning. I have been living with my Chenin since Thanksgiving, and it has truely been a revelation. It has caused me to rethink a couple of issues in my system: I now have a pair of tube amps in for audition, and now that they are getting dialed in to the Chenin, I am amazed at the detail the phono stage sends down the wire to the amps.

As a word of caution: Mick ships to the US via FedEx. Coming from Australia, his products hit our shores in Anchorage, Alaska to clear customs. Be prepared for a snag/delay of several days for them to clear. One way to avoid the delay is to have an importer account with FedEx, or make sure that Mick includeds your SS# and phone # in the shipping manifest before your preamps ever leave Margaret River. Mine languished in customs for 4 days (on a 3 day shipping route) until I called FedEx in Memphis, gave them my SS# and asked that they enter it into the system and ensure that it was available to customs officials in Anchorage. Keep in mind that a customs/duty invoice from FedEx will arrive at your doorstep a couple of weeks after the preamp arrives. Mine was for 152.00, on top of the 130.00 for shipping.

Also keep in mind that pictures in no way do these preamps justice. The fit and finish, workmanship, and drop dead good looks are SOTA. Second only to their sound quality.
Hey Larry and Raytheprinter. Congrats on your decision. As the gang here is saying... you will be duly rewarded. I intend on posting an update on the various nos tube options with respect the voicing of the cortese and the syra[chenin]in the very near future. cheers David
Ecclectique,

I, for sure, will be eagerly awaiting about your "voicing with NOS tubes" post here in the near future. Like you, I have some notes on my Chenin with various tubes I tried and will like to know and confirm if I am tone deaf or not!:)

regards
Ray,
What's next ? Perhaps that Teres you were contemplating about a year ago ?
Do let us all know when you get your new Chenin in and how you like it?
Larry - Congrats on your Cabernet. I am quite sure you will be delighted with your decision. Be patient with the break in.
Rgds,
Larry