Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Slipknot,i will email Mick Sunday ,,,i sure dont want to wait any longer than i have to!!thanks,boy,im sure looking forward to this!!!!!!!
Ray,
Just let us know when you are ready to roll some tubes. I am sure the group can and will give you some ideas on tubes and sources.
Do scroll way back a bunch a read posts from Ecclectique, Jazzdude, Bwhite, and a few others. It will give you a primer on what tubes you might consider trying. It will also help pass the time and keep your mind off waiting for your pre to arrive.
I can tell you that the good NOS make all the difference in the world (esp. the 6sn7's).
Keep us posted.
Rgds,
Larry
Hi Guys,

Has anyone recieved one of the New Cortese preamps with the new 3 stage all direct coupled phono stage? I have one on order from Mick, but I am dying to know what it sounds like. Mick says it is a huge leap ahead in sound for the phono stage.
>>Has anyone recieved one of the New Cortese preamps with the new 3 stage all direct coupled phono stage?<<

My new Grange should arrive in a few weeks; I'll email you shortly thereafter with the scoop.
Hi Everybody,
My Chenin looks like it is stuck in Oakland for some reason. Fedex shows a Regulatory Angency Clearance Delay, any idea what that is? It is now 11:42 in the a.m. and the tracking says it was due to arrive by 10:30. I sent my social and phone numbers to MIck before shipping, but as of yet no one from Fedex has called, should I call them? Not that I slept on the couch to be closer to the door when they were supposed to deliver or anything. It's kinda like Santa got stopped at Immigration, and I the anxious child can do nothing but curse in anticipation. Any ideas or advice is more than welcome.
thanks all,

E