Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I had to throw this post in: The "Building TTs Cheap at Home Despot" thread has 1757 posts, this one has 1757 posts, now THIS ONE has 1758....
Mc5baby,sorry to hear about the delay,,,,,,,,also i think your idea for a seperate thread for tube rolling only is great,!!sure would simplify things!! hey Slipknot,,,1759 !!
Slowhand >>Thanks, I would love to know what you think of it. What finish did you get?<<

Sheoak/chrome with a tweaked phono section and some other goodies.
Question about the WE 350B used as a regulator in Supratek preamps. A lot of people have commented on improved base response. I am curious to know if anyone has tried to measure the enhanced freq response. I particular would that be the lowest octave from 20-40hz, the middle octave from 40-80hz, or the upper octave from 80-160hz. Most pop, jazz and rock doesn't contain much below 40hz except for ambient venue noise and note decay. Guitar goes roughly from 80-980hz. Kettle drums reproduce the 80-160hz range. Acoustic and electric bass guitar and the harp are the only string instruments I can think of that are present in the 40-80hz octave.

Anyway if any WE350B users can give me feedback i'd appreciate it greatly.
I went to the Supratek site at:
http.www.supratek.biz
hoping to find information and pricing on options available for the Supratek preamps, namely internal electronics options, and external finishes.
Unfortunately I found no such info. Does it exist at all on the Internet, or do I need to contact Supratek directly?