Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hello Larry,I was going to refrain from making any comments for a couple hundred hours,,,,,but i must admit im dying to talk,,the first few hours it sounded nice,but nothing special,sort of closed in,after around 8 hours i could hear it opening up,better focus,tighter,im still trying to decide which gain setting i prefer,right now i seem to prefer 1 notch down from the highest setting,still playing with it,my unit did not come with a power cord ,im using Signal Cable Magic power cord now,i will update as things progress,thanks
Hi Ray,
You might want to run your system with the CDP running 27/7 at low volume when it is not convenient to have the sound loud. It will greatly accelerate the break-in (not the phono stage) and you should have a good idea of what it will sound like by a week from this Sunday.
It will improve greatly. Then, you will have another large bump from rolling in some good NOS tubes.
Have fun this weekend and enjoy.....
Rgds,
Larry
Thanks Larry,Im listening to Kurt Elling right now,,WOW this preamp is really sounding good!the sound is starting to relax quite a bit,i find myself being drawn into the music emotionally ,i cant imagine how good it will sound in a week or with NOS tubes,,,,,PS ,ill say hello to Kurt for you,,Sade is next!!!