Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hey Slowhand,glad you have your Syrah back!im truly enjoying my Chard,now to roll the tubes!! ps. hope you get your Cortese soon!
Just recieved an e-mail from Mick. He says he is being delayed because he is waiting for cabinets. He said special orders take longer. I ordered the Seaoak with black top and gold knobs. At least I have my Syrah back to enjoy. Now I am waiting for a new cartridge to arrive. I bent the cantiliever on my dynavector. I have a ZYX R100 Yatra low output (.24mv) that should arrive about May 15.
My Cab has an intermittent problem :(

After about 10 mins warm up the right channel starts to drop out radnomly and only for a split second. Some times l get some static and noise too, even the occcasional subsonic thump. Even when its not dropping out something doesnt sound right from the right channel, like some freq's are compressed, kinda hard to put my finger on what's missing.

Amps off to Mick today, hopefully its a quick fix because l am ecstatic with my system which for the time being is collecting dust!

Cheers Simon
Simon,
Have you tried dropping in another pair of 6sn7's ? You might want to try that before sending it over to Mick.
Rgds,
Larry
Mondie - I had a similar problem with my Cabernet. One channel would shutdown after 10 minutes of playing. It turned out to be a bad regulator tube. I replaced the tube and all has been good since. 10 minutes would be about the amount of time it would take a tube to warm up.