Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hey Gang. Anyone else using the Grange with the px4? I am seriously considering ordering one but I am a little apprehensive as I would have to part with either my syrah or the cortese to raise the funds. Would be nice to hear a little feedback from a supratek user that has upgraded to the Grange. I have a welbourne labs attenuator on order for the Cortese but it's currently in a back order situation. Wouldn't make the move until I have installed it in the cortese but was hoping some users will post in the meantime. Thanks David
Ecclectique, mine is a Cabernet with PX4/300B option. IMHO, the PX4 tubes sound better to my ears than the 300Bs. The 300Bs give a stronger bass but this is a bit excessive in my small listening room. Both the PX4 and 300B tubes are manufactured by TJ. TJ also came out a PX25/5V version recently that can be a direct replacement for 300B tubes. It has the same sound as their PX4's but cost more. Nontheless, the look of the TJ PX25/5V tubes is pretty nice.
Good morning. Anybody roll the ECC88 tubes in their Grange? If so, what do you like and/or dislike? Source would be appreciated also. Thanks in advance to all respondents.
Bill
If any of you guys know where I can get a Morey James model 1.5 PC please let me know.
Tom,
I have a Morey James PC (not sure if it is a 1.5), but I would be willing to sell it (and I can check to see what the model is). I think it is a 6 ft cord.
Rgds,
Larry