Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
sure I've seen this before but will the syrah cope with the slight increse in current required for a Philips miniwatt GZ37 rectifier ??
It's way too expensive not give the promised results.
Thanks in advance
Si
Simon,

I tried the GZ37. It was even mushier and muddier than the Mullard GZ34/5AR4. It was a total waste money, IMHO. The overall dynamics were very weak compared to the 6106.

In my system, the 6106 adds much cleaner and more immediate dynamics with a much more palpable 3D presentation than either the GZ34 or the GZ37. No comparison in the soundstage. YMMV
Hi Gang. Simon, Yes, the Bendex 6106 takes about twice the time of any other indirect rectifiers to power up. It also requires a way more run in time than any of the others to sound it's best. Regarding the Gz37, I completely agree with Fiddler here 100%. It's just not the rectifier for the Supratek and he has described it's sound in the supratek to a T. Mind you... Your reference to a Phillips Mini-watt gz37, which I have never tried and wasn't even aware that Phillips made one. My experience was with the nos Gz-37 made by Mullard and I am not much of a fan. In my rig, the bendex is the winner in both the syrah and the cortese with the metal base gz34 a very close second.
The Bendix tubes I mentioned that are available in my previous post are now gone.

Thanks