Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
A discussion on digital amps is a little out of place here Vince ...

I own both Bel Canto and ICE module 100w & 500w amps and all are trounced by the Supratek Merlot tube monoblocs that I also have. There is something harmonically and texturally rich in directly heated Single Ended Triode (S.E.T) valve amps that is missing in all digital amps I've heard.

However, all of this is in the context of efficient speakers and I'm sure the H2O amp is very good on your power hungry Apogee Scintillas...

Regards,

Steve.
Excuse me, Stevem1960, my post is about the Fire preamp. I can only relate it to my experience. The H2O is mentioned only to provide a back drop. In going back to previous posts, it seems some people have already dropped the name of my amp on this crowd. Just above someone mentions the Berning. Why so sensitive?
I dont think Muralmans mention of H2o Fire PREAMP,matched with H2O Sigs is out of place at all!!!
No worries fellas ...don't get so 'Fired' up about it, otherwise we'll have to pour some H20 on it!

Such are the vaguaries of internet communications that my initial post was not meant to offend the digiamp camp. Afterall, I have eleven of them in my house at the moment so I do quite like them ...just not as much as valves.

Peace ...

Steve.