Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
The question that begs to be asked here is, "What about service, if acquiring one is this difficult". The First Sound, which I have owned is EXCELLENT, and available on order, with very slight waiting time. (I am not affilliated in any way with them) They too are built to order.
I would be very nervous, not to mention impatient with this kind of delay.
My Distributors in Europe have been having a fit over a six week to eight week delay on product, and frankly I can't blame them.
Mick needs some production help to assuage the concerns of potential buyers--given that his pre's are so good, if they were readily available, he could really clean house.
Is he working alone... does anyone know?
Larry
I guess if Mick started to hire help,one could not say they own a preamp handmade by Mick Maloney,,im sure he could sell more if he had help,maybe he likes things as they are!As for repairs,i think Mick addresses this on his website.I waited about 2 months for my Chardonnay, def. worth the wait!
>>he could really clean house<<

Have you considered that may not be his objective? Kind or presumptuous aren't we?

>>Mick needs some production help to assuage the concerns of potential buyers<<

Really? I'm sure he'll be tickled to hear that opinion. We can all sleep better now.
What about service, if it takes 10 1/2 months to 'get'one. I really don't care if Mick cleans up--I was attempting to not state the obvious, which is how many people don't wait 10 1/2 months, and don't complain on an open forum, they just walk away--and don't purchase.
No, its not presuptuous, and certainly no leap of logic to think that if he makes 10 preamps with quality, instead of 2 or three, in a given period of time (whatever the number) he would have more customers, more satisfied, and without the 'issue' of an almost one year wait, then therefore the potential for people wondering about subsequent 'service'would also be eliminated
If numbers didn't matter at all, perhaps one every three or four years would suit him. I really don't know.