Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I guess if Mick started to hire help,one could not say they own a preamp handmade by Mick Maloney,,im sure he could sell more if he had help,maybe he likes things as they are!As for repairs,i think Mick addresses this on his website.I waited about 2 months for my Chardonnay, def. worth the wait!
>>he could really clean house<<

Have you considered that may not be his objective? Kind or presumptuous aren't we?

>>Mick needs some production help to assuage the concerns of potential buyers<<

Really? I'm sure he'll be tickled to hear that opinion. We can all sleep better now.
What about service, if it takes 10 1/2 months to 'get'one. I really don't care if Mick cleans up--I was attempting to not state the obvious, which is how many people don't wait 10 1/2 months, and don't complain on an open forum, they just walk away--and don't purchase.
No, its not presuptuous, and certainly no leap of logic to think that if he makes 10 preamps with quality, instead of 2 or three, in a given period of time (whatever the number) he would have more customers, more satisfied, and without the 'issue' of an almost one year wait, then therefore the potential for people wondering about subsequent 'service'would also be eliminated
If numbers didn't matter at all, perhaps one every three or four years would suit him. I really don't know.
Lrsky,Have you read everything on the Supratek website?Some of the questions you are asking can be answered on Micks website.Micks products hold thier value pretty good on the used market too,unlike some products that lose 50%or more of thier value as soon as they are sold.Im sure that First Sound makes a great preamp too,in fact if they had a model for 1900.00 i might have bought one! I dont think any of us can speak for Mick as to why he does what he does the way he does,Peace Ray
lrsky:

i own a supratek chardonnay and love it. from what i understand above service is that mick sends all the necessary information to a technician in the united states who does the work. there is no requirement of sending it all the way back to australia for repairs. mick states this about repairs on his website:

Q: What happens if something goes wrong?

A: It shouldn't but if it does getting it sorted takes priority - the best way is to get it fixed in your home state- while Supratek products are unique they aren't complex and any good technician should be able to solve any problems. With email I can send circuit diagrams and discuss any problems with the technician. The robustness of all Supratek products means that any problems will be minor. I am setting up a circle of good technicians around the globe as I'm able. Naturally I pay for any repairs.