Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Groovy, we can all hike the price of our handbuilts!
I have only ever heard of one other Suprtek in the UK,
A Cortese which I tried to buy from a dealer - but it was not in yet - so why advertise it.
Simon
Hey Indigorose. Congrats on the new Supratek....and a GRANGE no less. Simon, there are many applicable alternative subs for the 6L6 in the regulator position. IMHO the tung sol 5881 as well as the rest of 6L6 family are grossly overpriced/performance due to the huge demand by the guitar guy's. The voltage rating for any version is a non issue in the supratek anyway and nothing to worry about. The early shoulder bottle types are typically the better sounding though. The nutty prices we see on the metal based gz34's are for a very good reason.... they really are that good in most high resolution amplification however, a good old mullard, amperex or Valvo are very close if tests strong and each section is closely matched.
I'd like to know where Larry get his information from. I've been speaking with Mick for the past couple of weeks, and haven't heard anything about him not personally building my Grange. In fact, it was quite obvious that he had a lot of work to do and was building units as fast as he could. Waiting times certainly aren't down. I see no evidence to support larry's claim. Spreading rumors without fact is poor form.