Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
No problem, Zachzdb I had an imbalance problem which Kevin fixed quickly. My Sauvignon is dead quiet and works perfectly, with rolled tubes it sounds wonderful.
Good Luck, Kevin's work is very good, if there is a problem he will fix it as good as new.

Regards,
Joe
03-07-08: Stiltskin
Abe, You been busy!

Hello Stiltskin! Nice to see you here again.

Yep! Building a 2A3/45 amp and troubleshooting a 300B amp at the moment. Not to consider the time hunting for some nice horns for my future speaker project.

Life is good!

regards,

Abe
abe:

i built the cable as per your instructions, but the hum is still present no matter which way the cable is oriented. i'm going to try to spread the cabernet, cabernet power supply, and yamamoto as far apart as possible tomorrow just to be sure it isn't some kind of interference causing the hum. any other ideas? thanks.
Hello Kgturner,

Hmm....I was hoping that the cable will solve your hum problem. I guess spreading the components out is the next thing to try.

So, when you use a different preamp, you do not have a hum? If yes, then does the preamp and amp have a ground point on the back or chassis where you can hook them together?

Does the Yamamoto use tubes? I am not familiar with them but if it does and tube rectified, have you tried a new tube in the rectifier position?

Goodluck!

regards,

Abe