Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand

Maril555,
Come now, with all due respect you did not "simply tell your story." You questioned the integrity of Supratek owners whose experience differs from yours, and you made a snarky remark when members did not immediately post in support of your comments. You may well have been wronged, but attacking the integrity and credibility of other members does little to advance your cause.
Can anybody tell me if I could use a 5u4g in the rectifer postion, emailed Mick haven't gotten a reply yet.

Want to try the EML 5U4G mesh plate, looks like a very nice new production tube. Anybody try them?

Snopro,

Before you can use a 5U4G, you should know what rating does the filament transformer have in the PSU. The 5AR4 draws around 1.5 to 2 amps, the 5U4 draws 3 amps. It's been a while since I opened my PSU but if I remember it correctly, the rating is only about 2 amps.

regards,

Abe
Waltersalas,
I questioned the integrity of SOME Supratek owners, not of Supratek owners, and that's a principal difference.
And by any means, I didn't look for support, if I did, I would have posted two years ago, when Supratek was still in business. On a second thought, I actually should have, just to give potential Supratek buyers a different perspective.
If I had read anything like that, when I was ordering mine- my decision likely would have been different.
That's what I meant by mentioning integrity- objectivity and balanced opinions, negative included, is a sign of a person's integrity.
For those, who missed some discussions, supporting my listening impressions, please, refer to a post about "sibilance", within this thread.
Well, this is just my opinion, and I don't expect anybody to agree with it.
I do appreciate members sharing their experiences, that are different from the majority here. And that too, doesn't make the majority wrong and the minority right.
Kgturner,
If I remember correctly, didn't your Malbecs had a noise, from the day one, that even Kevin Covi couldn't fix?
Maybe those were somebody else's Malbecs.
Just another testimony to a product being offered for sale to the public, that wasn't exactly ready for the prime time.
Oh, well.
maril:

yes, those were my malbecs. i traded them for the cabernet dual i currently own. mick told me to hold onto the malbecs while he made the cabernet dual. i shipped the malbecs to kevin covi in new york once i received the cab. what became of them after that i can't say, though i'm not as brazen as you are to say that they were resold to another person as new.