Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thanks for the info Ait. I'll see can I get my hands on the GZ33. Just to mention, I was using the GZ37 on the Syrah for about 6 years, so it had a good innings. It really was so beautiful compared to the Bendix I'm using now which seems a bit hard/etched - it's subtle, but I hear it. Anyways, happy listening.
Hi guys, I just ordered my Chardonnay on June 5th. I think Supratek is still in business. My friend(who got the experience in repairing countless high end equipments, including one ongaku) is familiar with his previous venture - Micrex and he recommended me to go for it even though no one in my country seems to own one.

So, I guess this thread is going to go on for along time to come.
I was under the impression that Supratek had folded some while back- maybe a year ago or more. If they are back, I certainly hope that the new product does not have the same construction technique of using glue to hold components in place (as this represents a significant fire hazard).

Kevin Covi is a name I have seen before though- I am sure he knows better than that.
It's interesting to hear Supratek is taking orders.
Maybe there is a hope, Mick will pay me back from the proceedings.
I have to admit- my hopes have faded quite a bit.
Atmasphere, his website did not state he is closing shop. Perhaps, he wanted to quit but didn't do it or just doing it on small scale. BTW, which parts were glued together? The Chrome plat? That's normal and sometimes it is also possible for the customs to rip off to check them and glued them back. I once received Koala bears from Australia all ripped apart by customs for inspection.

Maril555, I am sorry to hear your unfortunate situation. Are you still having the Amp?