Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Thanks guys. I managed to identify the problem tube, i.e ONE 6SN7 but now I am having a new problem when I turn the mute switch on. I am getting some sort of "whishh,whooosh" sound like you get when you tune your shortwave radio. Help, please. i already emailed to Mick and still waiting for his expert opinion.
Have you tried it with no source connected? Do you hear it when using phono only? Is it a "bleed through" or constant magnitude in sound.

From the manual: " You may notice some "bleed through" of the tuner or other auxiliaries when the phono is in operation. This is because of the very high gain of the phono stage and also because shielded wire is deliberately not used for the other inputs because of its sound degrading qualities...."

No, I only use them to connect to my SACD player. Mine is the Chardonnay. ( My mistake for not identifying the product earlier) I have no other equipments in my room. Initially, I thought it was the Amp but that was ok. In fact when I use the HT bypass there is no sound. But the good thing is there's absolutely no noise whatsoever when the music is on unless I tap or even a touch causes the thump which now I know as a microphonics and Mick said it could be good for music.
Just testing the waters, is anyone interested in buying a Cabernet Dual? The unit was one of the last manufactured by Mick and is all black.
Still loving my Dual Cabernet. I'm just regretting not getting a Supratek with a built in phono now that I'm getting my feet wet on vinyl. Anybody have a sub $2k phono stage recommendation? I'm currently leaning towards the Aqvox unit, but not really committed to anything yet.