Preamp to preamp

Assume you have two preamps: a vintage preamp (p1) with nice phono input but no remote, and a modern preamp (p2) with remote but no phono input.
Any problem of connecting source --> p1 --> p2 --> power amp?
p1 has tape out, so I guess p1's tape out can be connected to any line input of p2, and I can use the phono of p1 and p2's remote to control the volume, right?

Assuming p1 is a better preamp, CD connected to p1 may just sound like CD connected to p2? Or, even worse?

Any concern on damaging pre or power amp?

Thx 

128x128ihcho
I tried this very thing about a year back. It worked but the loss of resolution made me go back to a single preamp (without remote). Doesn't hurt to try though. 
Not sure I'm following you. Why not just get a decent phono pre-amp to replace P1? If P1 is a nice vintage pre-amp, you could likely sell it for more than the cost of a phono pre-amp of comparable sound quality.

Do you have an emotional attachment to P1? If not, let it go and simplify your setup with a dedicated phono pre-amp.
Thanks for all responses.
Well, my question was not exactly based on my system.
I have Plinius CD-LAD and recently acquired ARC LS3. I also have a Plinius M16P but it is in a shop for service. In comparison, I like LS3 (p1) better than CD-LAD (p2) especially the direct switch of LS3. I have a separate phono (Magi Phonomenal).
I thought about daisy chaining p1 and p2, and use p2's remote for convenience. But I've realized that the tape out of LS3 doesn't work with the direct switch. When daisy chained with normal switch (not direct), I could readily notice the inferior sound. 
So, I will use LS3 for my main system and forget about the remote until I save enough money for a better preamp with a remote. 

Another question: my power amp supports both balanced and single ended. P1 is not balanced, but p2 is balanced. Can I connect both preamps to the power amp at the same time and use the balanced toggle switch to change between p1 and p2? Do people do this? Wouldn't it cause any harm?

Thanks again.